This Crompton Parkinson electric motor was installed in 1937 to run a pump in the basement. As Cambridge grew, more pumping capacity was needed, so the electric motor and pump were used as a back up for the steam and gas engines. The electric motor is rated at 114 horsepower (or 85kW).
One person has already adopted this object. There are two adoptions remaining.