About the museum
Based in the original pumping station for Cambridge, the Museum of Technology exists to preserve and exhibit material that is relevant to the Cambridge area, either by its use or its invention.
Our collections include:
- The pumping station's original equipment and other engines.
- A number of products manufactured by Pye of Cambridge.
- Letterpress-printing equipment ranging from early hand operated presses to power machinery.
- Instruments from Cambridge Instrument Company.
- Information and artefacts from local industries.
Our mission is to preserve and demonstrate the industrial and technological heritage of Cambridge for the inspiration, enjoyment and education of all.